What’s up travel bugs!
I honestly feel like I’ve been hitting up all possible winter vacation spots (Banff Guide here!) near me this season and I am falling in love with winter weather forreals. My last day in Denver there was a light snowstorm and it was beautiful! You might wonder what else there is to do besides Vail and Red Rock Amphitheater, if so – then read on!
First Things First: Denver Coffee Shops
Kevin and I arrived in Denver early on Friday morning and worked from a coffee shop, and then again on Sunday and booked our next trip… while we were still on a trip. (So much for traveling less this year) Denver has a bunch of cute hipster coffee shops and I wanted to visit them all!!! But I’ll save some for next time.
- Aviano Coffee Shop – love the open garage type door of the cafe
- Port Side – coffee was soso, but food reviews are good!
- Sonder Coffee Shop – sat here and got our next trip planned out!
- Amethyst Coffee Company
- Blue Sparrow Coffee
Denver and Vail Foods to Eat
- Cherry Cricket – comfort bar food with a bomb burger selection
- Acorn – a cool farm-to-table restaurant with seasonal menus
- Snooze an A.M. Eatery – get here early because they don’t take reservations and it’s first come first serve
- Little Man Ice Cream – ice cream when its cold is even better imo!
- Denver Biscuit Company – I was intimidated when my order came out but I killed it anyways so that tells you how good it was!
- Mountain Standard in Vail – sister restaurant to Sweet Basil, slightly cheaper and just as delicious! Make a reservation early or you’ll have to wait for open seating.
- Almresi Vail – a German themed restaurant with beer and servers in the cutest outfits!
Activities: Denver and Vail
- Ski/ Board at Vail Resort – beautiful powdered bowls!
- Snowshoeing – rent your gear from the Vail Nordic Center but don’t use their trails, its not as pretty AND you have to pay a fee! Drive just 5-7 mins away to the Booth Creek Falls trailhead. Full zip version of my patagonia jacket here.
- Ice Castles – go early! The lines build up and pre-purchase your tickets online. The ice slide goes super fast! My beanie is on sale here!
- Denver Botanic Garden – a great place to get out of the cold and take photos! (My current fave denim here)
- Denver Union Station – there are so many cute shops and restaurants in the station. A great place to chill and relax. (Can you tell who was colder?)
Denver was surprisingly a super cool place to visit with lots of things to do. I would definitely be down to go again since I didn’t have the chance to visit the Red Rocks Amphitheater! Hopefully this helped inspire you to plan your next trip and potentially to Denver! As always I have a spreadsheet to share if you leave me a comment I would be happy to send it your way 🙂
That is a great tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate information… Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!