Solo in Seattle
Last week I went to Seattle for the fourth time and it was a pretty spontaneous decision! I found a flight deal for ~$100 round trip and with my cash back from my credit card I only paid $40! What whaaaaat? So I decided – in the spirit of what I learned in 2017 (you can read the blog post here) to book a trip for myself and really live in the moment.
Since the New Year I’ve been feeling overwhelmed with catching up in work and my personal life so this trip is exactly what I needed! Traveling solo really helped me to think and re-prioritize, but also gave me time to distance myself for a bit and come back refocused. It felt nice to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I didn’t even really plan a itinerary until I got there, which is very out of character if you’ve ever been on a trip with me. HOWEVER!! I still have a whole list of places to go to share with you all accumulated over the four times I’ve been to Seattle – as well as some photos from my trip!
- Sushi Kashiba – Shiro (from Jiro Dreams of Sushi) opened a new restaurant in Seattle and it was so good! I got the omakase because #treatyoself
*not all pieces pictured
- Beecher’s Cheese – Mac & Cheese
- Elliot’s Oyster House – Oysters with a view
- Taylors Shellfish Farm – Fresh oysters for a solid price
- Pike’s Place Chowder – I love all things creamy and cheesy so I always visit Pike’s Place Chowder.
- Mr. Porpoise – The cutest shop with creme filled donuts and coffee.
- Toulouse Petit Kitchen – Creole brunch food
- The Pink Door – Italian food!
- Top Pot Doughnut – Get the Turkish Latte.
- Hot Cakes Molten Cakery – IG worthy chocolate deliciousness
- Skillet – Brunch food, go early there was a line when I went.
- Biscuit Bitch – Heavy and kind of pricey, good for sharing.
- Molly Moon’s Ice Cream
- Ellenos Greek Yogurt – I’ve heard this is the best yogurt, but I don’t really like Greek Yogurt so I’m biased.
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer
- Starbucks Reserve Roastery – Hazelnut Latte, unique to their location. Get a seat at their bar and read a book or chat with their super friendly baristas!
- La Marzocco Cafe – A cool showroom connected to the radio studio next door and you can see into the live studio!
- Mr. West Cafe
- Storyville Coffee – Got the regular latte here, and the barista was so nice!
- Amano Cafe
- Victrola Coffee
- Porchlight Coffee & Records
- Pike’s Place
- Chihuly Museum
- Amazon Go store
- REI store – It’s HUGE.
- Gasworks Park
- Kerry Park – Views of Seattle, you can see the Space Needle on a clear day.
- Walk around Cap Hill (Rachel’s Ginger Beer pictured below)
- Snoqualmie Falls
- Franklin Falls
- Bloedel Reserve
- Seattle Public Library
As you can see my favorite part of Seattle was the Public Library. All the angles and lines had me mesmerized for sure. I spent over an hour here exploring every floor and taking a bunch of photos. This solo trip was definitely much needed and I couldn’t think of a better place to take some time for myself – Seattle will always have a special place in my heart. If you haven’t been before then you should definitely make a trip out there ASAP.
Safe Travels Everyone!